There are a number of new members using our studio, who are ready to step up to the next level with their ceramics, and a proper appreciation and knowledge of glaze theory is critical for your future development.
Mark Knight an experienced studio potter has formulated a hands on glaze workshop that is ideal for beginners. This three part workshop, conducted over 3 days, will introduce you to all the skills needed to go forth and create fabulous glazes of your own.
Over the first 2 days you will learn:
• How to weigh, mix and sieve glaze
• How to apply glaze to a test tile you make yourself in the first workshop and to achieve the most results from the one test
• An easy line blending technique to show how one glaze may have many variations
You will need:
• Your own stoneware clay
• Small lidded bucked/ice cream container
• Dust mask
• Underglaze pencil (optional) or fine paintbrush
On a third afternoon there will be a short discussion about the fired results.
All recipes will be shared to provide a folio of glazes and each participant will have a complete set of test tiles.
Dates: 10th and 31st of October with a 9 am start, with the third day to be decided by participants
Cost: $40 for members $75 for non Members
We need 10 participants for this course to go ahead, otherwise we will reschedule to early next year.
please register your interest by emailing Kim Foale at @email@example.com