We have an exciting workshop opportunity led by Dawn Oakford, exploring imaginative, innovative and inspired ways of continuing to work with clay.
During the course of this one-day, hands-on workshop, participants will explore several strategies to keep their creative juices flowing through group discussions and practical exercises. Participants will be encouraged to think differently about the techniques that they use, the possibilities of working with others, and how to best convey the concepts that motivate and inspire them. It is also hoped that those taking part will gain more confidence in their abilities to work in a much more intuitive way with clay.
Another outcome of this session may well be the formation of small support and/or working groups to help each other prepare for upcoming exhibitions, resolve production impasses and organize professional development events. Those taking part are asked to think about and if possible bring along an example of their work or a prototype that they’d like to develop or resolve.
PROGRAM FOR THE DAY
- Discussion & listing of individuals’ “creative stalemates”. Possible approaches will be discussed towards the end of the session.
- Group exercise – clay provided but participants may like to bring along some of their own tools.
- LUNCH – Please bring along a plate to share.
- Closer consideration of listed “stalemates” + practical suggestions.
- Close with planning session for future options – prep. for Annual Exhibition
Sunday 18th March 2018
10:00am – 4:00pm
TCA Studio, Cosgrove High School, Glenorchy
For directions click Studio
$30.00 for TCA members
$50.00 for non-members
Please bring a plate for lunch to share. Tea, coffee and juice will be provided by the Studio.
Please contact Janine Davison on email@example.com
Payments to be made to
Account name: Tasmanian Ceramics Association
Acc. No.: 51257814
Please note your Surname and “Boost” as the reference.